6 offensive starters
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
6 offensive starters
how did ripsnorter start 6 offensive players?
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 6 offensive starters
once again, DUMBASS...I take it you meant to say 7. He only started 1 LB so it might have mistakingly had something to do with that.thechosenone wrote:how did ripsnorter start 6 offensive players?
Commish, ALERT!!! Something in the league setup is not done correctly.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 6 offensive starters
That's really messed up.
I'm not sure how that happened. I'll submit a ticket to MyFantasyLeague.
In the meantime, I can remove Santonio Holmes from his lineup since he wasn't started in Week 8. In his place put in one of his injured LB's. The line up will probably not change for a few days until support takes a look at it.
I'm not sure how that happened. I'll submit a ticket to MyFantasyLeague.
In the meantime, I can remove Santonio Holmes from his lineup since he wasn't started in Week 8. In his place put in one of his injured LB's. The line up will probably not change for a few days until support takes a look at it.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 6 offensive starters
Not sure how a lineup with less than 2 LB's was accepted.Total Starters: 13
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 0-3
Number of Starting WRs: 0-5
Number of Starting TEs: 0-2
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting DT+DEs: 2
Number of Starting LBs: 2
Number of Starting CB+Ss: 2
Hide starting lineups from all owners until: Never hide starters.
Should owners be allowed to submit players on bye as starters? Yes
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 6 offensive starters
According to the reply from support, the lineup is "partial" not technically "illegal".
And I guess it is legal according to the settings we have in place. But I can't do anything with the current settings to fix it.
Option #1
Do nothing to the site and hope that some human catches this problem when it happens. So we can reverse before it becomes too late.
Option #2
I can assign a "flex" position but it is defined as RB+WR+TE=5. I lose control of how many specific RB and WR and TE can be played. It would allow 5 RB or 5 TE. (This would probably cause many more "illegal" lineups.)
Option #3
I could change the settings to not allow partial line ups, but that would cause some extra trouble for everyone when they are making temporary adjustments to their line up.
Option #4
The only other option would be to turn on "formations"
The formations allowed by MyFantasyLeague:
Full T RB: 3,WR: 1,TE: 1
Pro Set RB: 2,WR: 2,TE: 1
Single Back RB: 1,WR: 3,TE: 1
Run and Shoot RB: 1,WR: 4
Double Tight RB: 2,WR: 1,TE: 2
Ace RB: 1,WR: 2,TE: 2
Spread RB: 2,WR: 3
Full House RB: 3,TE: 2
5 Wide WR: 5
Jumbo Wing RB: 1,WR: 1,TE: 3 (not allowed by our rules)
Power I RB: 3,WR: 2
Shotgun 4-Wide WR: 4,TE: 1
That would prevent this from happening. Jumbo Wing would not be allowed under our rules.
Our rules currently allow:
RB=0 WR=3 TE=2
RB=0 WR=4 TE=1(Shotgun 4-wide)
RB=0 WR=5 TE=0 (5 wide)
RB=1 WR=2 TE=2 (Ace)
RB=1 WR=3 TE=1 (Single Back)
RB=1 WR=4 TE=0 (Run and Shoot)
RB=2 WR=1 TE=2 (Double Tight)
RB=2 WR=2 TE=1 (pro set)
RB=2 WR=3 TE=0 (spread)
RB=3 WR=0 TE=2 (full house)
RB=3 WR=1 TE=1 (full T)
RB=3 WR=2 TE=0 (power I)
So what do you think? Should we turn on "formations" (including Jumbo Wing). We would lose the ability to use RB=0 WR=3 TE=2, but it would close this loophole.
Maybe we could request that they add RB=0 WR=3 TE=2 and call it the "Ripsnorter" formation, since that is probably what he would have tried to run this week anyway.
And I guess it is legal according to the settings we have in place. But I can't do anything with the current settings to fix it.
Option #1
Do nothing to the site and hope that some human catches this problem when it happens. So we can reverse before it becomes too late.
Option #2
I can assign a "flex" position but it is defined as RB+WR+TE=5. I lose control of how many specific RB and WR and TE can be played. It would allow 5 RB or 5 TE. (This would probably cause many more "illegal" lineups.)
Option #3
I could change the settings to not allow partial line ups, but that would cause some extra trouble for everyone when they are making temporary adjustments to their line up.
Option #4
The only other option would be to turn on "formations"
The formations allowed by MyFantasyLeague:
Full T RB: 3,WR: 1,TE: 1
Pro Set RB: 2,WR: 2,TE: 1
Single Back RB: 1,WR: 3,TE: 1
Run and Shoot RB: 1,WR: 4
Double Tight RB: 2,WR: 1,TE: 2
Ace RB: 1,WR: 2,TE: 2
Spread RB: 2,WR: 3
Full House RB: 3,TE: 2
5 Wide WR: 5
Jumbo Wing RB: 1,WR: 1,TE: 3 (not allowed by our rules)
Power I RB: 3,WR: 2
Shotgun 4-Wide WR: 4,TE: 1
That would prevent this from happening. Jumbo Wing would not be allowed under our rules.
Our rules currently allow:
RB=0 WR=3 TE=2
RB=0 WR=4 TE=1(Shotgun 4-wide)
RB=0 WR=5 TE=0 (5 wide)
RB=1 WR=2 TE=2 (Ace)
RB=1 WR=3 TE=1 (Single Back)
RB=1 WR=4 TE=0 (Run and Shoot)
RB=2 WR=1 TE=2 (Double Tight)
RB=2 WR=2 TE=1 (pro set)
RB=2 WR=3 TE=0 (spread)
RB=3 WR=0 TE=2 (full house)
RB=3 WR=1 TE=1 (full T)
RB=3 WR=2 TE=0 (power I)
So what do you think? Should we turn on "formations" (including Jumbo Wing). We would lose the ability to use RB=0 WR=3 TE=2, but it would close this loophole.
Maybe we could request that they add RB=0 WR=3 TE=2 and call it the "Ripsnorter" formation, since that is probably what he would have tried to run this week anyway.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: 6 offensive starters
My head is spinning.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: 6 offensive starters
whoa, that was alot!!.. i like the last option jumbo thingy
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 6 offensive starters
Sorry for the super long post. Just trying to explain our options.
It had happened before. I'm not sure how we all missed it.
Week 3
McNabb, Donovan WAS QB, Addai, Joseph IND RB, Portis, Clinton WAS RB, Garcon, Pierre IND WR, Harvin, Percy MIN WR, Jackson, DeSean PHI WR, Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE, Akers, David PHI PK, Ratliff, Jay DAL DT, Mathis, Robert IND DE, Harrison, James PIT LB, Rodgers-Cromartie, Dominique ARI CB, Polamalu, Troy PIT S
Only 1 LB
Week 5
McNabb, Donovan WAS QB, Addai, Joseph IND RB, Garcon, Pierre IND WR, Harvin, Percy MIN WR, Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR, Jackson, DeSean PHI WR, Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE, Akers, David PHI PK, Ratliff, Jay DAL DT, Suh, Ndamukong DET DT, Session, Clint IND LB, Cromartie, Antonio NYJ CB, Woodson, Charles GBP CB
Only 1 LB
I've sent Jonathan Peace an email explaining the problem. He was just trying to submit a lineup and found a glitch that hadn't been exposed yet.
Option #3 or Option #4 will fix the glitch. Otherwise we'll have to watch this ourselves and correct it when it happens.
It had happened before. I'm not sure how we all missed it.
Week 3
McNabb, Donovan WAS QB, Addai, Joseph IND RB, Portis, Clinton WAS RB, Garcon, Pierre IND WR, Harvin, Percy MIN WR, Jackson, DeSean PHI WR, Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE, Akers, David PHI PK, Ratliff, Jay DAL DT, Mathis, Robert IND DE, Harrison, James PIT LB, Rodgers-Cromartie, Dominique ARI CB, Polamalu, Troy PIT S
Only 1 LB
Week 5
McNabb, Donovan WAS QB, Addai, Joseph IND RB, Garcon, Pierre IND WR, Harvin, Percy MIN WR, Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR, Jackson, DeSean PHI WR, Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE, Akers, David PHI PK, Ratliff, Jay DAL DT, Suh, Ndamukong DET DT, Session, Clint IND LB, Cromartie, Antonio NYJ CB, Woodson, Charles GBP CB
Only 1 LB
I've sent Jonathan Peace an email explaining the problem. He was just trying to submit a lineup and found a glitch that hadn't been exposed yet.
Option #3 or Option #4 will fix the glitch. Otherwise we'll have to watch this ourselves and correct it when it happens.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: 6 offensive starters
So many smart ass comments to make so little time. Is that dude even playing?
The Commish needs a verbal warning for alllowing this to happen and I cant believe the cheating hog didnt figure it out by now. This issue is very small who cares. Lets talk about something that sucks is HFA.
Sorry for unleashing the Claymaker on you Midget I need a win every now and then, The dumb hog wont catch you anyways.
The Commish needs a verbal warning for alllowing this to happen and I cant believe the cheating hog didnt figure it out by now. This issue is very small who cares. Lets talk about something that sucks is HFA.
Sorry for unleashing the Claymaker on you Midget I need a win every now and then, The dumb hog wont catch you anyways.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 6 offensive starters
I was quite pissed bout that Matthews "INT" and TD. The Cowboys suck so bad my players came out of the game after giving me the lead.The Guru wrote:So many smart ass comments to make so little time. Is that dude even playing?
The Commish needs a verbal warning for alllowing this to happen and I cant believe the cheating hog didnt figure it out by now. This issue is very small who cares. Lets talk about something that sucks is HFA.
Sorry for unleashing the Claymaker on you Midget I need a win every now and then, The dumb hog wont catch you anyways.